Monday, December 17, 2012

What is Buddhism 2

In my first post, I was talking in circles. I was being confusing. In the end, there wasn't much to be said about Buddhism, why is there so many rules, concepts, teachings and practise when it comes to Buddhism? It's because of you!

My guru, living Buddha Lian Sheng, answered the question in one of his book. The writings is in Chinese, below is my attempt to translate it.

What is Buddhism.
An easy way to answer is the way(s) to eliminate greed, hatred and ignorance. Non isn't Buddhism.

What ways can we eliminate greed, hatred and ignorance?
Practise Buddhism. To see all sentient beings as equal.

Is there big, middle or small in Buddhism?
Understanding wisdom and compassion are not dualism, is big. Understanding form, formless, emptiness is middle. Understanding karma, right and wrong, good and evil is small.

So what is Buddhism?
Everything, every event and people, is Buddhism. Because everyone and everything that happened teach me the path to Nirvana, to become a Buddha, no matter good or bad, holy or evil, right or wrong, all are Buddhism isn't it.

What is not Buddhism?

No comments:

Post a Comment